Yup – here we are – a new year. Do I have plans to read anything specific? Yes – there are a few books on my resolutions list:
1. Riddley Walker -by Russell Hoban (1980) – I’ve been wanting to read this for a long, long time. It’s only 229 pages but because it’s not an easy book it’ll take me awhile. Hope to finish in January though. I’m up to page 68 (took me a month because I’d go read other stuff).
2. Catch up on a couple of mystery series – Timothy Hallinan, Michael Connelly, John Lescroart, others.
4. Catch a few classics I’ve missed – maybe a Dickens, a James, an Eliot – The Octopus by Frank Norris? I kind of need a good classic every couple of months.
5. I don’t really want to read a lot “more” books – 142 in a year is enough, but maybe between 144 and 180 – 12 to 15 a month, one every 2 or 3 days. But I would like to read the good books more carefully and write better reviews.
6. – I have other resolutions about health and fitness or about home and garden and stuff like that – more like a to-do list in some ways.
Happy reading everybody – and a great 2015 in all ways!